Assistant Estimator – Boston, MA
Arch Street Glass has methodically revolutionized the delivery model for glass construction and corporate interior fit-outs (www.archstreetglass.com). Honored by the Boston Business Journal as a 2023 “Best Places to Work”, we are a rapidly growing private company located in downtown Boston and currently seeking a motivated, detail-oriented individual to join our Preconstruction operation.
This is a unique opportunity to become part of a great team, participate in a highly collaborative environment, and gain outstanding industry training. While the role will primarily involve estimating, the desired individual will be wearing many hats and taking on a variety of responsibilities over time.
The ability to interact with a wide range of audiences is critical – assisting the Architecture & Design community with specifications, working with a range of architectural vendors, and coordinating with General Contractors in the bid process.
• Compile and organize project-related documents, drawings, and quotes.
• Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications to determine project scope.
• Complete detailed independent takeoffs and gather relevant product quotes.
• Communicate with architects, designers, and general contractors to solve problems / find creative and practical solutions.
• Evaluate pricing and prepare detailed estimates and bid proposals for multiple concurrent projects.
• Load project data and bid information into Procore’s Project Management module.
• Collaborate within the estimating team to coordinate meetings and tasks with your peers.
This may be the job for you if:
• You’ve earned a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. A GPA of 3.4 or above is preferred and a degree in the field of construction or design is a plus.
• You’re a team player, but are comfortable working independently and can keep a level head under pressure.
• You can multi-task and complete assignments under tight deadlines.
• You write well and speak powerfully. You can explain complex situations with ease.
• You are attentive and conscientious. You are willing to take personal responsibility for your work and are interested and invested in expanding your industry knowledge.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Procore, and Bluebeam is a plus.